December 10, 2018: Keynote Speaker for student symposium at Sarah Lawrence College.
October 23, 2018: Race, Myth, and Pseudoscience. A lecture and conversation at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA.
October 3-4, 2018: “Viking Myths of Minnesota’s Kensington Rune Stone — and What Those Myths Reveal About the (Mis)Shaping of Identity in the Face of the Religious and Racial Other”
- October 3 @ 12:15 pm: University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN
- October 3 @ 7:00 pm: American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis, MN
- October 4 @ 4:30 pm: St. John’s University in Collegeville, MN
September 28-30, 2018: “The Sacralization of the Kensington Rune Stone: Constructing a Myth of America’s Birth.”
- The 19th Biennial Conference for the International Society for Religion, Literature and Culture Material Religion Session. Uppsala University and Stockholm School of Theology in SWEDEN.
October 7, 2017: “American Rune Stone: Monument, Memorial, and Myth.”
- When: October 7, 2017 at 7 pm
- Where: O Fritiof Ander Lecturer in Immigration History at the Swenson Center at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
May 11-13, 2017: “The Kensington Rune Stone and the Quest for a Whiteness in American History.”
- When: May 11-13, 2017
- Where: the Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Studies conference in Minneapolis.
April 29, 2017: “The Enduring Appeal of Vikings in American Culture”
- When: Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 12pm to 4pm
- Where: American Swedish Historical Museum at 1900 Pattison Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- What: the lecture will be part of the museum’s annual Viking Day. Book signing to follow.
November 14, 2016: “Vikings, Pioneers, and Natives: the Kensington Rune Stone and the Contested History of the American Midwest”
- When: Monday, November 14 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Where: Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
- To visit the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1022290747893716/
- To visit the visit the Penn Museum page: http://www.penn.museum/calendar/eventdetail/461/vikings-pioneers-and-natives-the-kensington-rune-stone-and-the-contested-history-of-the-american-mid-west
Viking Day at the American Swedish Historical Museum in Philadelphia
- When: Saturday, April 23, 2016 12-4pm
- Location: 1900 Pattison Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- What: Lecture and book signing
February 24, 2016: “Why Myths Matter to Americans: A Conversation w/Author David M. Krueger.”
When: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Arch Street United Methodist Church at 55 N. Broad St. in Philadelphia, PA.
What: a brief presentation by the author and responses from area scholars and faith leaders. RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/530590123780661/
Minnesota Historical Society – History Lounge
- When: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 7 pm
- Location: Minnesota History Center – St. Paul, MN
- For more info: http://www.minnesotahistorycenter.org/events-programs/tours-lectures-workshops/history-lounge
November 4, 2015: Nerd Nite Philadelphia
- When: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
- What: My talk is titled: “Viking Myths, Pseudoarcheaology, and the “True” Birthplace of America.”
- Why: Beer + Food + Nerdy Talks = Yippee!
- Location: Frankford Hall 1210 Frankford Ave. Philadelphia
- RSVP via: https://www.facebook.com/events/145425279144815/
October 22, 2015: Live Interview w/Lisa Johnson of MN Reads at KUMD Radio in Duluth, MN
- A ten-minute conversation focusing Native American history and science literacy.
- When: Friday, October 16, 2015 at 12 noon
- Location: 240 Northrop, Crosby Seminar Room, 84 Church St. SE, Minneapolis, MN
- When: Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Nelson Gables, Governor’s Room, 1220 Nokomis Street, Alexandria, MN 56308
- RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/474139686098659/
- When: Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 9:05 a.m
- Where: Listen live at: http://www.radiop1.com/mediacenter.aspx?stationid=41&
- When: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 7-8 pm
- Location: Subtext Books — St. Paul, MN
- RSVP via the Facebook event page.
- When: Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Location: 6th & Wabasha, St. Paul, MN
- RSVP via the Facebook event page
St. Cloud State University
- When: Tuesday, October 13
- Location: St. Cloud University – Public History Graduate Seminar
Public Forum: “Myths of Discovery: Re-Thinking the Meaning of Columbus Day
- Dr. Krueger will be on a panel to that will critically assess the meaning of Columbus Day in American culture.
- Where: Arch Street United Methodist Church in Philadelphia, PA
- When: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6-8pm
- For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/494312384069929/
- Podcast available: https://soundcloud.com/user-502522845-341400447/myths-of-the-discovery-re-thinking-the-meaning-of-columbus-day
Discussion Group – “Re-Thinking Columbus Day”
- When: Sunday, October 5 at 10 am
- Where: Germantown Mennonite Church in Philadelphia, PA
Podcast Interview: Marginalia – Los Angeles Review of Books
- When: podcast released Tuesday, September 29, 2015
- Listen online at: http://marginalia.lareviewofbooks.org/first-impressions-51-david-m-krueger/
Live Interview: WCCO Radio – Al Malmberg Show
- When: September 23, 2015 11:10PM (CDT)
- Podcast available at Minnesota’s CBS affiliate.